Moringa tree or its binomial name ‘Moringa Oleifera’ is also affectionately called Drumstick tree in Malaysia. Research has proved that various parts of the drumstick tree can be used to cure many diseases; it contains more than 90 nutrients and 46 types of antioxidants. With all the health benefits of moringa, it is often quoted as the most nutritious plant on the face of the earth.
These are some findings we gathered about the good moringa tree:-
- It contains 4 times more vitamin A or beta carotene than carrots
- A rich source of vitamin C many times more than oranges
- The amount of calcium present in moringa leaves is way higher than in milk
- Moringa leaves contain 7 times more potassium than bananas
- Contains 3 times more iron than spinach
- The paste of the leaves beautify skin and hence is used widely especially among the women in India. The list goes on long….
The old drumstick tree at our backyard is one of our favorite plant. We often use its long thin pods which resemble drumsticks to cook delicious beef or chicken curry for dinner; we also pulverize or infuse the leaves as part of the ingredients for Kalleo Good Moringa handmade soaps. God given tree indeed!