Dear Customers and Friends,
Hi there and how have you been getting on? I hope it is not too late to wish all of you a blessed and joy-filled New Year 2015!
Truly it has been a long silence ever since I last posted in June last year. Besides making soaps for sales and conducting cold process handmade soap-making classes at regular interval, I had spent the rest of my time working on Kebun Kalleo. The farm is gradually taking shape now 🙂
Some regular Customers would have known that I had also been working hard on the formulation of our new product – Kalleo Soothe Handmade Body Cream. It is almost ready for sale soon 🙂
On another note, I received an email 2 days ago from Yi Chian, a fellow soap-maker friend; she is so passionate in helping our flood victims who are afflicted with some skin problem. Below is her email.
Recently I participated in a flood relief convoy and realised a lot of the victims are developing skin rashes due to the lengthy time they spent in the dirty flood water. So, I am running an independent campaign to collect handmade/natural soaps for the flood victims.
WHAT TO GIVE?
1) Handmade/natural bar soaps for skin (no liquid soaps to avoid spillage please) – doesn’t matter what brand or what kind such as melt&pour or cold process soaps. To buy or to make is your choice.
2) Handmade/natural soaps for general cleaning – doesn’t matter what brand. To buy or to make is your choice.
3) Greatly appreciate if you could label the soaps properly — UNTUK CUCIAN BADAN or UNTUK CUCIAN UMUM — as I have limited time and hands to do the packing.
4) Most importantly, no money please. I am not affiliated to any particular government or private body/association/society. I am only Me. I am colour-blind, religion-blind and language-blind. So, the soaps collected will be given to any group going on a mission to save & help our people.
5) If you know any groups who would like to add some soaps into their Goodie Bags, talk to me!
6) Contact me by texting me or leave me a message or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will try my best to reply you asap.
7) You know what? MESSAGE ON EACH BAR : If you want to go the extra mile and leave a message on each bar of your soap, go ahead and work your magic. Let them know you care. But please be nice. No foul language and any other indecent messages. I will remove any deemed inappropriate for kids under 21. *smile* You’re welcome.
8) If you have the heart to but can’t help / don’t want to help / want to give and want to do more, please share this with your family & friends so that others can give too.
Cheers xoxo y.i.c.h.i.a.n
p/s: Please don’t mind the amount you give. There is no such thing as too little love.
The flood victims need some handmade / natural bar soaps, would you give away some of yours?
I will write again soon.
Good night 🙂